Why is my sleep number bed offline? In this article, we will explain the different factors that can prevent a sleep number bed from working. We will also provide tips on fixing your bed if it is disconnected for any of these reasons.
This article is primarily intended to be used by sleep number bed users experiencing issues with their online accounts. Still, it is also useful for anyone thinking about buying new bedding and wondering why their old bed has suddenly stopped working.
Why Is My Sleep Number Bed Offline? 7 Reasons To Stay Offline
Here are the best 7 reasons to sleep number offline:
1. When you first use the sleep number bed, you’ll be given a unique IP address to keep track of your sleep number bed and allow it to connect to the internet.
If you experience issues with your sleep number bed, the first thing to check is whether this IP address has been assigned.
2. The most common reason for a sleep number bed disconnecting from its network is that the router or modem may have changed (the actual router will change, as will the modem).
A router or modem may have been changed at your home or workplace, but you haven’t noticed.
Your sleep number bed will automatically transfer to the new router/modem, so you won’t have any issues with it in your home or workplace unless you intend to connect to the internet.
3. If you notice that your sleep number bed is offline and the IP address has not been assigned, there are several other options that you can try to get it back online.
One of the ways this can happen is if your router or modem is disconnected from the internet. This can create a temporary outage which prevents your sleep number bed from connecting to the network.
Simply plug your router or modem back into the internet and wait for a few minutes for it to pair with the network again.
4. If your sleep number bed is offline and the IP address has been assigned, it’s possible that you have not set up your sleep number bed correctly.
Before you can connect to the network, there are some settings that you need to be able to access. If you can’t see these settings, your network administrator may have blocked access to them.
You’ll need to speak with your office or home network administrator regarding how they would like you set up for your sleep number bed to work correctly.
5. Another issue that may prevent your sleep number bed from connecting to the internet is if there is a power outage at your home or office.
This can prevent the internet from working as well, which means that a sleep number bed will not be able to connect to the network until the issue has been resolved.
6. If you’ve attempted all of the above options and are still unable to connect your sleep number bed to your network, you may want to check whether an update can help resolve this issue.
7. You should also ensure that you have your sleep number bed properly connected to your home or office network.
What Do I Do If My Sleep Number Bed Is Offline?
If your sleep number bed is offline, you will be unable to connect to the sleep number app or the sleep number customer service. However, there are a few things that you can do if you’re having trouble connecting your sleep number bed to the internet:
1. If you have a router that handles your home network, please use it to access your network settings. From there, try accessing:
- Sleep Number -Settings –> Network Settings –> Manual Setup
- If that fails, We recommend contacting bed experts.
2. If that doesn’t work or you get an error message, restart your router or modem. Check to see if the internet is back online. If not, you may need to connect your sleep number bed directly to the modem/router.
3. If the internet is back online, try going through the setup process again. Contact bed experts if that doesn’t work and have all of your network settings correct (shown above).
4. If the sleep number bed is offline and the IP address has been assigned, ensure that your sleep number bed is properly connected to your network. Connect your sleep number bed to your network if it isn’t connected.
5. If you have already connected your sleep number bed to the internet (directly or through a router/modem), check to see if there is an upcoming firmware update that can help resolve this issue.
6. You may be able to use the sleep number app still while you are offline.
7. If you’re still having issues, contact bed experts.
Sleep Number Beds are great and have been making thousands of people happy! If you find the right mattress to sleep on, you’ll experience an overall better quality of life, so don’t settle for a bad night’s sleep.
Why Is My Sleep Number Bed Not Responding?
If your sleeping position has changed, it can create an issue with the settings on the Sleep number bed. If you’re having a hard time with this, we recommend contacting bed experts.
LUCID L600 Adjustable Bed Base Frame
How Do I Get My Sleep Number Bed Back Online?
Your sleep number bed can be disconnected from the internet for various reasons, but if you’re having issues with your connectivity, there are a few steps to take.
1. Check to ensure that your router or modem is connected to the internet.
2. Make sure you have updated the firmware on your sleep number bed. Sometimes older versions of firmware can cause issues with connectivity, so it’s best to update as soon as possible.
3. Check the sleep number app to ensure that your sleep number bed is properly connected to your network.
4. Check to ensure that your sleep number bed is properly set up to use the internet. If it isn’t, you can change it through a manual setup process, which should be able to fix any connectivity issues with your sleep number bed.
5. You should also not connect a router or modem directly with the sleep number bed if you’re using a manual setup.
How To Adjust Sleep Number Bed Without WIFI?
You will need a code to adjust the settings of your sleep number bed without WiFi. To unlock your sleep number bed, enter the code into the app
How To Adjust Sleep Number With WIFI?
The wireless connectivity of your sleep number bed allows you to make adjustments to settings but requires WiFi access.
Your sleep number bed utilizes a technology called ZigBee that allows it to communicate with the Sleep Number app wirelessly, meaning you’ll be able to change your settings with ease and without any hassle.
How Do I Connect My Sleep Number Bed To WIFI?
Your Sleep Number bed can be connected to your home or office network to access the internet. To connect your sleep number bed, you will need the following information:
- Your WiFi password
- Network name
- Security key (if applicable)
After this information is entered into your sleep number bed, it will automatically connect to your network. You can also communicate with your network administrator if you need help connecting the sleep number bed to your network.
How To Connect Sleep Number Bed To Bluetooth?
If you want to connect your sleep number bed to your device, you can easily pair it to:
- A Bluetooth speaker
- Your Bluetooth headphones
The connecting process will vary slightly between devices and may require a code. However, the following steps should help you pair your Bluetooth devices with your sleep number bed:
1. Open the app and select Settings at the bottom of the screen
2. Once in the settings section, select Device Manager under Network Connections on the right-hand side of the screen.
3. Once opened, you will be able to select your sleep number bed and can follow the steps provided in your Bluetooth device’s instructions.
Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort Upholstered Adjustable Bed Base with Massage, Wireless Remote
How To Use Sound Control On My Sleep Number Bed?
To use sound control on your sleep number bed, you will need a code to access this feature. To open the setting section of your app, go to:
Settings –> Sound Control Settings
–> Enter the 4-digit code and select OK.
How To Reset Sleep Number Bed?
An easy way to reset your sleep number bed would be to delete the app and reinstall it. If your app has a hard time connecting or staying connected to the internet, you’ll need to try logging out of the app and logging back in. You can also try clearing the cache on your phone/device or restarting the app.
How Can I Get Support For My Sleep Number Bed?
The Sleep Number customer service number is 1-877-230-7098. You can also contact bed experts at support.sleepnumber.com
The sleep number bed can be a great investment, but it can suffer from connectivity issues. Luckily, there are ways to overcome these issues!
Keep the information above in mind, and you’ll be able to connect your sleep number bed to the internet and make adjustments with ease.
If you have any other questions or suggestions to add, feel free to leave a comment down below.