How To Reduce Sleeping Hours Through Yoga? You might have tried sleeping pills, used your CPAP machine, or spoken to a doctor about it. But sadly enough, doesn’t always work out.
Another way is through Yoga and Meditation! By simply contemplating how we act every day and through meditation, your mind can get rid of that stress which leads to more excitable nerves in the body, just like what happens during daytime when the brain has less oxygen supply.
In addition, the quality of your sleep will improve as you will be able to dream more and have long uninterrupted sleep.
Yoga and meditation lengthen the sleep hours and increase the quality of it. It is best to know that people who practice yoga and meditation regularly have the [increased] ability to help their bodies endure stress more effectively.
- 1 Best 6 Ways How To Reduce Sleeping Hours Through Yoga
- 2 Which yoga asana will help me reduce the amount of sleep I need?
- 3 4 Yoga Poses That Can Keep You From Falling Asleep?
- 4 How Can Yoga Improve Your Sleep Quality?
- 5 5 Yoga Poses For Deep Sleep
- 6 Simple yoga poses for better sleep
- 7 Benefits Of Yoga Poses For Sleep
- 8 Final Thoughts
- 9 FAQs
- 9.1 Which Is Better To Practice Yoga Asanas Or Sleep?
- 9.2 How To Reduce Sleep Time To 4 Hours?
- 9.3 How To Reduce Sleep Time To 6 Hours?
- 9.4 How To Reduce Sleeping Hours Naturally?
- 9.5 How To Reduce Sleep Time To 2 Hours?
- 9.6 How To Sleep Less And Wake Up Early?
- 9.7 How Can I Reduce My Sleeping Hours?
- 9.8 Which Yoga Is Best For Less Sleep?
- 9.9 How To Increase Sleep Time Naturally?
Best 6 Ways How To Reduce Sleeping Hours Through Yoga
Here are the best 6 ways to reduce sleeping hours through yoga:
1. Practicing meditation regularly and practicing it in a quiet environment will help you feel more relaxed. You will be able to practice meditation with relative ease and comfort. This is an effective way of reducing sleeping hours through yoga.
2. Pranayama breathing is an excellent method of relaxing the nervous system that can help you reduce your sleeping hours through yoga. When you practice pranayama breathing, you will be able to slow down your breathing rate. This helps relax your body, mind, and even the nervous system.
3. You can also use yoga postures to reduce sleeping hours through yoga. Yoga postures have a relaxing effect on the body and help you relax more and feel refreshed in the morning after following these poses.
4. Yoga Nidra is a sleep stage that occurs in the middle of deep sleep. Meditation at this stage helps reduce your sleeping hours. By simply focusing on your breath, you will drift off into a dream state.
5. Tadasana or mountain pose is the simplest and most comfortable posture. This posture helps to reduce sleeping hours through yoga.
6. Always try to practice yoga in a quiet place. This will help you develop better concentration and reduce your sleeping hours through yoga.
Which yoga asana will help me reduce the amount of sleep I need?
Different kinds of yoga asana can be included in your practice to reduce the amount of sleep you need. The following yoga asanas can be effective in reducing your sleeping hours:
1. Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose
2. Adho Mukha Svanasana or Downward Facing Dog Pose
3. Janu Sirsasana or Head to Knee Pose
4. See-saw, either rising or descending, is good for reducing sleeping hours.
5. Asanas such as legs up the wall pose, mountain pose, standing bow pose, and chair pose also help reduce sleeping hours.
6. Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out and left and right of your body touching each other.
7. Practice the child pose by sitting with your legs crossed and bending forward.
8. Practice the corpse pose while lying down on your back.
9. Half bind, half bow, and open arch have to be practiced in a seated position with legs folded outwards toward the left and right sides of the body.
10. Pigeon pose has to be practiced in a seated position.
4 Yoga Poses That Can Keep You From Falling Asleep?
1. Try the child pose. This is the simplest and most comfortable of all postures. This posture helps to reduce sleeping hours through yoga.
2. Always try to practice yoga in a quiet place with minimum people around you to concentrate on your breathing and practice yoga asanas well without feeling any distractions. This will help you practice your asanas more effectively without getting jittery and falling asleep.
3. Practicing yoga postures early in the mornings and late in the evenings can help you develop better concentration and reduce your sleeping hours through yoga.
When you practice pranayama breathing, you will be able to slow down your breathing rate. This helps relax your body, mind, and even the nervous system.
4. While practicing asanas, try complete relaxation and focus on the asana only without paying too much attention to any external thing, such as noises or people outside.
How Can Yoga Improve Your Sleep Quality?
1. Yoga has proven to improve sleep quality. It also helps in reducing your sleeping hours.
2. When you practice yoga, you can reduce stress, anxiety, and depression which will help you get a better quality of sleep and help you reduce your sleeping hours through yoga.
3. Yoga has a calming effect on the body, which helps you fall asleep more easily and quickly after a long day at work or in school.
4. Yoga can help those with sleeping disorders such as insomnia by regulating their body clock.
5. If you fall asleep while practicing yoga asanas, try to focus on your breathing and not your posture. Try to return to the asana after a minute or two without any distractions, and then continue with your practice.
6. Yoga helps improve your mood, concentration, digestion, and well-being of the body.
7. To improve sleep quality, always try to eat healthy food regularly throughout the day.
5 Yoga Poses For Deep Sleep
Here are 5 yoga Poses For Deep Sleep you must try to get rid of insomnia:
1. Plow Pose:
It is recommended that staying in the plow pose for about 1 to 5 minutes will help you get rid of insomnia and help you fall asleep quickly.
2. Feet up:
You can also practice this pose to relieve the back pain from lying in bed for a long time (especially if you are suffering from sciatica).
You can place your feet on the floor next to your bed or head towards the wall at night and hold them up as you sleep. You will be able to doze off very quickly and get a good night’s sleep.
3. Corpse Pose:
The corpse pose is good for moments of frustration. One can lie flat on the back and relax. Its deep relaxation can help you get a good night’s sleep and soothe away stress and anxiety.
Yoga postures are very helpful for the cure of insomnia. They relax your entire system and make you feel tranquil, especially when you lie down to sleep in some of them (5). These postures are effective in reducing sleeping hours through yoga.
5. Legs Up The Wall Pose:
This yoga pose is recommended for those who have difficulty falling asleep and feel really stressed out. This pose is also good for releasing pressure on your spine (5).
Simple yoga poses for better sleep
1. Lie on the floor, bend your knees drawing them close to your chest, and rest your feet on the floor by pointing them downwards.
2. Hold each leg with both hands and now pull it towards you comfortably without straining your body (you can bring it closer).
3. Keep doing this yoga pose for a minute or two and then release it, relax, and repeat the same process.
4. Make sure not to strain your body while doing this pose because the main objective is to relax your muscles and not make them sore.
5. This yoga pose is also good for increasing your appetite when you feel under the weather.
Benefits Of Yoga Poses For Sleep
1. Unlike sleeping pills, practicing yoga poses will help get rid of insomnia naturally without having any side effects on your body and nervous system (2). Yoga will also help in reducing sleeping hours through yoga practice.
2. Yoga is also known to help increase the quality of sleep. Those who practice yoga regularly can fall asleep and wake up at regular intervals without having any problems with their sleeping hours.
Those who practice yoga can also get a sound sleep without being disturbed by other factors affecting their sleep, such as pain, stress, and anxiety.
3. Yoga poses act as a relaxant for your entire body when you’re stressed or anxious, which helps you fall asleep easily at night (5).
4. Yoga will also help reduce stress, anxiety, and depression which will help you get a better quality of sleep and help you reduce your sleeping hours through yoga.
5. Yoga can help those with sleeping disorders such as insomnia by regulating their body clock. Yoga can give instant relief to the body when you feel sleepy (2).
6. Practicing simple yoga poses will also make your body strong enough to withstand the rigors of physical activity, which is good for your health, especially for runners or athletes.
The popularity of yoga is growing day by day, and many are finding it very helpful in alleviating sicknesses and disorders. Yoga is also becoming popular as a cure for insomnia and other sleeping problems.
Suppose you want to get rid of insomnia naturally through yoga. In that case, you can practice some simple yoga regularly poses during your free time or even do asanas before you go to bed to help you fall asleep easily.
I hope this article on how yoga can improve your sleep quality has been helpful to you.
Have a lovely day ahead, everyone!
Thank you so much for your time!
Please feel free to leave a comment below 🙂 Also, don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest. We love it when our readers connect with us!
Sleep well, stay positive, and keep smiling 🙂
Which Is Better To Practice Yoga Asanas Or Sleep?
I would say that practicing yoga asanas is better than sleeping because it can also lead to better health. It can help in reducing high blood pressure and cholesterol in your body by improving your digestive system
How To Reduce Sleep Time To 4 Hours?
The first way to improve your sleep time is to try and stop eating foods that cause indigestion or skin problems. Exercising daily will also help you a lot in reducing sleep time.
How To Reduce Sleep Time To 6 Hours?
This is a very difficult question and depends on different factors such as your sleeping habits, amount of studying done, lifestyle, diet, etc. If you want to reduce the time of your sleep to 6 hours or less with certain medications, it can be done, but it completely depends on your lifestyle and how much time you are willing to give up.
How To Reduce Sleeping Hours Naturally?
A: Lying on the bed with your body relaxed and not waking up when you sleep is the best way to reduce sleeping hours naturally. However, if you feel sleepy at night, lying in a comfortable position like sleeping on your back or trying some asanas can help you sleep at night.
How To Reduce Sleep Time To 2 Hours?
It’s very simple. If you are feeling sleepy at night, try going to bed early as it will help you sleep better. You can also try some asanas or breathing exercises to help you sleep fast (5).
How To Sleep Less And Wake Up Early?
There is no harm in sleeping less if you feel sleepy at night. However, make sure you are getting enough sleep for the rest of your day to get enough energy for your activities.
How Can I Reduce My Sleeping Hours?
First, you need to find out which sleeping hours suit you. Second, keep a constant watch on your sleeping hours and make sure you get enough sleep on normal days. If necessary, you can take some sleeping pills during the day.
Which Yoga Is Best For Less Sleep?
Breathing exercises are great for sleeping less because they are easy to do and help you gain the strength to breathe, making you fall asleep fast. However, the most powerful way to reduce your sleeping hours is by practicing yoga asanas.
How To Increase Sleep Time Naturally?
Going to bed early and waking up early can help in reducing sleep time. You will also be able to have a good night’s sleep if you are not too tired at night.