How to make a muslin baby sleeping bag? Muslin baby sleeping bag is a really great product, but I only bought the right one because I measured my baby and checked his height before buying a bag.
That’s why I recommend this blog, which contains a lot of information about child safety in general. It helped me choose a good product!
We have been using this for over a year now and have had no problem.
The sleeping bag helps keep the baby warm and safe for summer use. It zips open from the bottom so you can change your baby without taking them out of the bag.
This is a great feature, especially if your baby tends to kick off all the covers in the middle of the night!
How To Make A Muslin Baby Sleeping Bag?
To make a muslin baby sleeping bag, you will need:
- 1.5 m x 150 cm of cotton fabric (flannelette lining recommended)
- 0.5 m x 150 cm of thin or lightweight wool (if your baby is older than 4 months)
- Thread to match the fabrics
- Cotton filling (wool can also be used as a filling)
- A sewing machine
- A ruler or a tape measure
Premium Muslin Baby Sleeping Bag
1. Cut the fabric into the following pieces:
- 1 piece measuring 1.5 m x 150 cm (main fabric)
- 2 pieces measuring 0.5 m x 150 cm (wool batting)
- 2 pieces measuring 0.5 m x 150 cm (flannelette lining)
2. Hem the two short sides of your main fabric piece and one long side of each lining piece. To do this, turn under a 5 mm hem along all three edges about 15 mm wide and stitch down with a straight stitch.
3. Place the two lining pieces right side to the right side and sew them together along one short edge using a straight stitch, leaving a 15 cm gap for turning.
4. Insert the cotton filling (you can purchase this from sewing shops or make your own by cutting up an old towel or blanket). Then turn the bag through the hole in the lining, so the right sides are now on the outside. Iron the whole thing flat (this will help it look neater when finished).
Amazing Baby Muslin Sleeping Sack, For Baby Boy and Girl
5. sew the lining to the batting along the two long edges, using a straight stitch and leaving a 5 mm seam allowance.
6. Pin and sew the batting to the main fabric along all three edges, leaving a 5 mm seam allowance.
7. Turn the bag through so the right side of the main fabric is on the outside and iron it flat again.
8. Topstitch all three layers together along the open edge using a straight stitch and a 2 cm seam allowance to finish your sleeping bag!
The following link contains a tutorial for making a muslin baby sleeping bag
Is Muslin Baby Sleeping Bag Good For Baby??
It is claimed that parents have long used this product to keep their infants warm while sleeping.
As a result, the child stays comfortable and contented through the night. It is also recommended even for older kids to use when traveling or going out in colder months.
Hudson Baby Unisex Muslin Cotton Sleeveless Wearable Sleeping Bag
According to some research, this muslin baby sleeping bag is made of natural materials, such as cotton and flannel.
This product is also equipped with a zipper for easy opening and closing. Despite their mother’s busyness in caring for him, Baby’s comfort always becomes the main concern.
Benefits Of Using Muslin Baby Sleeping Bag?
Muslin sleeping bag is perfect because of its many benefits that are very advantageous for parents and their children. A few of these advantages include:
1. This product is made of cotton materials, which are not easily affected by the changing weather or moisture in the air.
2. The muslin bag is available in many sizes and designs to fit your child’s needs well.
3. It also has a zipper for easy to open and close while wearing baby clothes inside.
4. This product is lightweight and easy to carry wherever you go, especially if your child needs a nap outside the house.
Be Careful Though
this sleeping bag can be easily washed in cold water using normal detergent and dried using a medium temperature setting on your machine. Never use bleach or fabric softener as it may affect the quality and performance of the bag.
Muslin sleeping bags are a great choice for keeping your baby warm at night and during other cold-weather activities. They are made of natural materials that are not easily affected by the weather, and they come in many sizes and designs to fit your child’s needs.
The muslin sleeping bag is also lightweight and easy to carry, making it the perfect choice for parents on the go. Just be sure to follow the care instructions carefully to ensure that your child stays warm and comfortable in their muslin sleeping bag.